Friday, July 3, 2009

Happy Birthday America!

Hi Everyone!
Just wanted to pop in and say Happy 4th of July!! I am working on a killer post that will get you up to date on all of the major fun things that have happened in the last couple of months. There's been birthdays, a trip to the zoo, swimming, going down the slide at the pool, a visit from Pops, Mother's Day, Father's Day, G.G.'s graduation, fireflies, lizards, feeding myself, dressing myself, time at Nanny's house...whoooo, I need a nap from just reminiscing!
Last night, July 2nd, we went to Collegedale for the fireworks. Now let me just say that Mom, whom I now call Mommy, has made me try to say "Happy Birthday America" at least 5647 times in the last week. I still can't say it. She has dressed me in red white and blue for four days straight and talked about these "fireworks" until I was ready to explode! (pun intended). So, last night we packed up Dad's (whom I now call Daddy) truck with chairs, my fire truck, some juice boxes and the camera and off we went. When we got there, Granny and Granddaddy had a great spot picked out for us and Granny had brought a flag just my size for me to wave.
We played a few minutes and then this great orchestra started playing really great music. Then, BOOM! What was that? BOOM! There it was again! BOOM! I'm not so sure about all this! BOOM! Daddy, Mommy, Granny, Granddaddy?!?! BOOM! Everytime there's a BOOM, the sky lights up! BOOM! It's kind of pretty though. BOOM!! Look at that one. BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! Whoa...cool! BOOM! Where's my firetruck? BOOM! I think I'd rather play in the gravel. BOOM!! BOOM!! BOOM!! I'm getting sleepy, it's way past my bed time. BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! It's the Grande Finale!! Mommy's face is lit up like the sky! She really loves this kind of stuff!

Suddenly, it was all over! Daddy scooped me up and buckled me in my seat as fast as lightening. Granny and Granddaddy threw the chairs in the back of the truck and didn't tie 'em down. Mommy yanked up my firetruck and tossed it in the backseat and jumped in the front. By the time Daddy got in, Mommy was buckled and Granddaddy's truck was on the roll with us right behind him. Boy! It was a loud evening that ended in a whirlwind, but all the way home, Mommy and Daddy kept talking about how great it was that it only took 15 minutes to get out of traffic. It's not like they learned to walk or get a fork from their plate to their mouth with food still on it!

Mommy has already added the pictures from this great American adventure in a slide show on the right of this post. She also has a list of where there are going to be more fireworks before the weekend is over, so be warned. Apparently, getting there early is not such a big deal, and there is no rush to get through the fireworks, but as soon as that Grande Finale goes off, LOOKOUT! The Fitches and Hatmakers don't waste time sittin' in traffic! I gotta scoot for now, Mommy will be suspicious that I have been quiet for so long, so I best go put her mind at ease by getting all of her tupperware bowls out of the cabinet and spreading them all over the kitchen.
Enjoy your 4th and your families!
Love, Jax

No comments: