Sunday, January 31, 2010

Last Friday, our forecasters were just predicting rain and a few flurries during the night, with possible accumulation in the mountains, but 1-2 inches of rain in the valleys. We were supposed to get warm air from the south that was going to keep us from getting snow and ice. Nashville and Knoxville were going to get 6-12 inches, but as usual, we were only getting rain. I slept until about 11:30 Friday morning(don't be jealous...I pitched a fit until almost 2:30 in the morning fighting bedtime!). Mommy was dressed and got me ready to go too. We headed out to pay the phone bill and go to GrNanny's house and it was already snowing a little. Mommy was going to drop me off for a while so she could go to the grocery and get some things done at home. As we headed to Ringgold Telephone, it began REALLY snowing! I kept saying, "can't see Mommy" because everything was white and blustery. By the time we got to GrNanny's house, her yard was white, and it was still snowing! Mom headed off to get groceries, but had already decided to surrender her time to get things done at home by herself so that she could get me back home safe and sound! As soon as she got back to GrNanny's, Dada was rolling in with some chicken form Zaxby's. He put ours in a bag and sent us home because the roads were beginning to get "dicey". Daddy was home by the time we got there and we ate our chicken and got dressed to go outside. WaHOOOOO!!!!! Waiting and watching the snow come down while Mommy and Daddy get their snow duds on and cameras out! Outside at last!! It was really coming down!
Lots of our neighbors were parking their cars and walking up the hill to get home. I kept waving and saying "Hey Y'all!" Just like Mommy did to the very first neighbors we saw!
Daddy showed me how to have a snowball fight. I couldn't throw for laughing my head off every time I got hit with one!
It was so much fun!!!
Incoming!!!
Daddy and me playing in the snow!!
Daddy scooping up snow with a cookie sheet so we can build a snowman.
Snowman building was cancelled due to a car sliding down our hill and crashing in our yard.
I kept saying, "Lady CRASH! Broke my Tree!!" Mommy and Daddy were just grateful that the landscaping was all that was damaged!
Daddy showed me how to make snow angels!
I tried it by myself, but ended up making a snow mess more than a snow angel.
Then it was time to try to sled. Now keep in mind we don't get tons of snow here, not even enough that our Walmarts get sleds in stock! So, Mommy came up with the idea of a laundry basket...slick on the bottom, sides I could hold onto....it was a great idea!
Ready, Set, GO!
Here he comes!!!
Whhheeeeeee!!!!!!
Whoaaaa!!!!
Daddy's Turn!He was a really good sport, but laundry basket sledding isn't his cup of tea!
Mommy got my beach toys out for me to use in the snow! Having never been to the beach, that was fine with me! I didn't know the difference!
I used my bucket to carry snow from one place to another.
Then I dumped it on our pile! It was supposed to be a snowman, but as I already mentioned, we didn't get to finish. We ended up with a snow blob.
Daddy made a couple of big snowballs for me to throw at him. I mostly missed him, but he better watch out for me next year! I bet my mittens will fit and I will actually be able to use my hands to throw!!
Me and Daddy taking a break on the front porch. Look how rosie my cheeks are!!
Mommy finally got me to go inside for a while by taking me to see the back porch. I was gorgeous, and covered with a blanket of snow that was about 6 inches deep. Mommy said I needed to take a nap, so I flopped down right on that beautiful blanket and told Mommy, "night, night"! Of course, she didn't let me nap out there, but once she got me inside and warmed up...ooooohhhh what a wonderful long nap I had. We ended up with about three inches of beautiful snow, enough to play in, but we were able to get out and about on Saturday. Maybe we'll get some more before spring arrives. I sure hope so because Daddy needs to work on his sledding skills some more! It was a fun day, and a very pleasant surprise! Hope y'all had a good weekend too!

No comments: