Friday, June 11, 2010

Summertime, and the living is easy...

Summer is here, and so is Pops!! This is the first time I have seen him since last fall, and he made the trek all the way from Oklahoma to see me. Daddy took the week off of work, and we have had almost every minute of the week jam packed with some sort of activity. It has been a week full of firsts, and some good ole faithful activities in the mix. Here's a recap! First, we went to GrNanny and My Big Guys to swim. Pops got to see me do all my tricks, and the weather was fabulous for being outside for the evening. I am not afraid of one single thing about the pool this year, not even the slide! Of course, I had to put on a concert for Pops with my new guitar from a yard sale. Thanks GrNanny and Big Guy!
Tuesday morning, Pops got out a gift he brought me. My first fishing pole!! We went out on the deck for a fishing lesson and ended up rabbit fishing. Daddy hit the rabbit once and so did Pops before it hopped back into the woods.
Once we were at the creek, Daddy showed me how to hold my fishing rod.
Pops helped me too, he's the expert you know. He helped me cast my line, and thought it was hung on something.
Turns out, it was! He helped me reel in my line...
and catch my very first fish!! See it hanging in front of my shirt? It's just my size!
I also got to have my very first Root Beer Float, or as I like to call it, a Fruit Rear Bloat.
It tickled my nose, and was cold!
and YUMMY!!
We went to my very first Lookout's Baseball Game. I was afraid of the mascots a little, but after a few high five's, I was ok.
Three Generations of Hatmaker Men I got a Hot Dog!
and a giant foam finger! Go Lookouts!!
We also went to a Hot Rod Show and Unc Bubba had his T-Bucket there.
I even got to ride in it with Unc Bubba and My Big Guy! It's pretty cool, and I think Mommny and Daddy will have one of those in their garage when I get older!
Whew, I am exhausted and totally off my routine. Time to get some rest, so I'll see y'all later!
Love,
Jax

No comments: