Sunday, September 7, 2008

Fun At the Fair

Whew! What a weekend! I am so sleepy, but I just had to post a few pictures from the Lincoln County Fair. It was a long drive over, but Aunt Audi rode in the back seat with me and it was lots of fun! She had on her beautiful Cowgirl hat from Wyoming and her hair was down so I could pull on it all day!

Boy was it hot at the fair...and dusty too! We spent most of the day in the show arena to keep me in the shade. There was lots going on, and Daddy got Elvis and Elliott all cleaned up, hitched to the cart and ready to drive in the parade. Mom took some pictures of the set up, but because it was so crowded, I didn't get to ride this time. Granny thinks I need to be a little more stable on my own before I ride in the cart with Dad. Plus, at a parade, you never know when a horse can spook!

I climbed all over Aunt Audi, drank water out of a bottle (mostly I wore it), tried to play in the dust, and entertained the crowd with laughter in between show classes.

One of the best parts of the day was when Daddy brought me a funnel cake! It was for everyone to share, but guess who got the first bite. Yummy doesn't begin to describe it this time!!! That may be the best thing they have stuck in my mouth yet!

YAWN!!! Going to bed for now...will post more later this week. There are some fun pictures from learning to drive the cart and just some general pictures to add...getting sleepy...ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzz

1 comment:

Grand Jean said...

Hey sweet boy, this is Grand Jean. I was thinking about you so I decided to see if you had any new pictures on your blog. You sure looked like you were having fun. I could have shared that funnel cake with you. When I saw you last I sure did get some sweet sugar, I hope to get more soon! I love you, Grand Jean